Senior Software Engineer (Job ID: 2276)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
ConverseNow is the leading conversational AI platform for restaurants, automating the process of taking orders across voice channels such as phone, drive-thru and mobile live chat. With cutting-edge technology and a passion for service, we sit at the intersection of Tech, B2B SaaS and Hospitality.
We’ve emerged as an AI and foodservice industry leader, and are enjoying massive growth. Backed by blue chip investors such as CRAFT Ventures (Tesla, Uber, Airbnb, Postmates, Slack), we’ve raised $18M in funding and are gearing up for a series B in the near future. We’re based in Austin, TX, with a remote team distributed across the globe.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious software engineer who wants to be part of a fast-moving and entrepreneurial team working on leading edge natural language understanding software systems.
Sr Software Engineer job requires enhancing and developing the core ConverseNow system features with Natural Language Processing capabilities. You will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will also be working with other strong software developers and data scientists to continuously improve and innovate on the state-of-the-art virtual assistants. The work requires significant new thinking and an innovative approach to solve complex problems. You will also be involved in end to end life cycle of the live product monitoring to understand the NLP model performance.
What You’ll Do
- Developing, enhancing, and maintaining core system features
- NLP algorithms development &enhancement
- Working with data scientists and other engineers to analyze, prepare algorithm and architecture proposals and solutions
- Rapid development of demonstrable proof of concepts and taking them to production
- Unit test case development & unit testing
- Design & code documentation
- Understanding the latest research in NLP
- Where required for model development, wrangling a large amount of textual/audio data
What You’ll Bring: Technology Expertise/Experience
- 5+ years of working experience on live production systems
- High proficiency in any programming language, such as Python. Experience in Golang is a plus
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good design and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with goland, pycharm, git and etc
- Experience working on cloud environments (especially GCP) is also desirable
What You’ll Bring: Preferred NLP Experience
- Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques
- Knowledge on voice assistant flows
- Knowledge of common architectures in NLP: language models, embeddings, seq2seq problems, etc. will be a plus
- Good understanding of metrics, common datasets, and benchmarks
The Type of Team Player We Need
- Loves Technology - a true Geek at Heart - that enjoys the latest and greatest tech
- Stays current with new technology and trends
- Driven, ambitious and hard-working (this is not a 9-5 role)
- Has a high-bar of excellence
- Exceptionally reliable and predictable
- Organized and takes ownership of project deliveries
- Flexibility to work in a fast moving and ever changing environment
- Clear verbal & written communication skills; proactive communicator
What We Provide
- Full benefits package, including 100% healthcare coverage
- An incredible team with tremendous passion for the company’s mission, sharing a “Let’s do this” attitude while maintaining a strong work/life balance
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at ConverseNow
Something looks off?