Principal Product Designer, Design Systems
DISCO is on a mission to create products that drive more equitable legal access and outcomes. We are building a unified technology platform for law practice, composed of 7+ products to be released over the next ten years. We have substantially disrupted the legal tech market with a lawyer-inspired consumer-grade interface and a cloud-enabled technology platform that offers unprecedented performance and cost savings. Our objective is to become the OS for legal; we’re changing the way law is practiced by leveling the playfield, getting lawyers back to doing what they’re good at, and making the legal system more accessible for everyone along the way.
As a Principal Product Designer, you will...
Design magical and intuitive digital tools that improve the practice of law. You will discover and synthesize insights from legal professionals and other user audiences about key outcomes and workflows in partnership with other designers, product managers, and engineers. You also will iteratively refine your designs based on customer feedback and usability testing, and partner with engineering to ensure that the right product, with all of the finer details, is built to specifications. We are revolutionizing the legal industry at DISCO, and you have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact as part of our team.
What you’ll do
- Lead the design and implementation of Disco’s visual language including typography, color, iconography and componentry and the tools, resources and documentations to support the system.
- Continuously conduct end-to-end audits of our UI, visuals and design system, come up with designs to solve for discrepancies and push the visual design system forward, while considering Disco’s brand
- Maintain Disco’s Figma libraries for desktop
- Maintain and improve a contribution model to streamline the process of multiple autonomous product teams building components for one-off use cases, moving to systematized items.
- Report team and system progress regularly to key stakeholders and the rest of the organization.
- Support our design team through knowledge-sharing, supportive collaboration, and mentorship.
- Present the system’s mission, library, and process to other groups, including product managers, content specialists, QA, and other design and development teams throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with other designers and engineers to implement, maintain, and improve DISCO’s design system.
- Work with engineers throughout the development process to help identify bugs and ensure that designs are built to agreed-upon specifications.
What you should have
- Portfolio that highlights design systems you have created or largely contributed to
- Proven experience designing and launching for web-based desktop software
- Deep understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
- Track record of creating and managing impactful design systems and processes
- 6+ years experience in one or more of: interaction design and/or information architecture. Bonus if experience on product management of web-based sites and/or applications, front end development, or business analysis.
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical and dental insurance
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.