Intern, Software Engineer
At DISCO, we leverage the power of cloud-native software products, powered by artificial intelligence, to deliver unparalleled legal solutions. As part of our highly-selective early career program, we're inviting ambitious students to join our eight-week Emerging Engineering Intern program. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity for driven, self-motivated learners to learn from best-in-class industry professionals who will serve as your mentors as you delve deep into the world of next-gen technologies and hone the craft of delivering software solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Assist our engineering teams throughout the software development lifecycle, learning and growing your skills in backend or frontend software development.
- Grow your skills in building cloud-based software solutions, especially those that leverage AWS
- Learn and work with SQL and NoSQL databases; prior exposure is a bonus.
- If keen on frontend tasks, delve into UI development, particularly using React.
- Learn and grow your skills in building software applications powered by GraphQL and/or REST APIs.
Who You Are
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or adjacent field.
- Graduating between December 2024 and June 2025 (our next EEI cohort cohort starts in June 2024).
- Earning a 3.5 GPA or above
- Have a strong foundational understanding of computer science principles such as algorithms and data structures.
- Highly-driven, self-motivated learner with an aptitude for quickly picking up new technologies and methodologies.
- Highly effective communicator and collaborator.
- Passionate about applying technology to improve society and lives.
Even Better If You Have
- Previous internship experience in a software product development environment.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Make a meaningful impact.
Law affects everyone, from multinational corporations, governments to individual citizens. However, the legal industry has lagged behind other industries in digitization and cloud technology adoption. The opportunity to innovate through legal technology can be quantified not only in billions of dollars, but in life-changing experiences for attorneys, freed from mundane tasks and able to fully do what they went to law school for.
We believe that great achievements come from aiming great people at big problems; and DISCOvians are the principal driver of our success. Our commitment to creating an environment where all people feel welcome and connected regardless of their backgrounds, along with our MAGIC culture and values (Meaningful Impact, All-in, Grit and Grace, Innovation and Craft) shape the way we treat each other, serve our customers, and give back to our community.
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.