Software Engineer Associate
At DISCO, we leverage the power of cloud-native software products, powered by artificial intelligence, to deliver unparalleled legal solutions. We're excited to welcome recent college graduates to our highly-selective Emerging Engineering Program (EEP). This position is a unique opportunity for driven, self-motivated learners who are keen to immerse themselves in the world of next-gen technologies and make a lasting impact. You’ll collaborate with and learn from best-in-class industry professionals, and will develop customer-facing software that has the power to transform the legal industry — meaningful work with impactful outcomes.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with experienced professionals to implement features for our expansive web applications.
- Gain hands-on experience with AWS; prior cloud knowledge is a plus but not mandatory.
- Dive into SQL and NoSQL database technologies; experience with these is beneficial.
- Work with GraphQL and REST APIs. Prior experience with these technologies would be an advantage.
- For those interested in frontend development, we build our UIs in React; familiarity would be a valuable asset.
Who You Are
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or adjacent field.
- Graduating between December 2023 and June 2024 (our next EEP cohort starts in June 2024).
- Earned a 3.5 GPA or above.
- Have a strong foundational understanding of computer science principles such as algorithms and data structures.
- Highly-driven, self-motivated learner with an aptitude for quickly picking up new technologies and methodologies.
- Highly effective communicator and collaborator.
- Passionate about applying technology to improve society and lives.
Even Better If You Have
- Previous internship experience in a software product development environment.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Make a meaningful impact.
Law affects everyone, from multinational corporations, governments to individual citizens. However, the legal industry has lagged behind other industries in digitization and cloud technology adoption. The opportunity to innovate through legal technology can be quantified not only in billions of dollars, but in life-changing experiences for attorneys, freed from mundane tasks and able to fully do what they went to law school for.
We believe that great achievements come from aiming great people at big problems; and DISCOvians are the principal driver of our success. Our commitment to creating an environment where all people feel welcome and connected regardless of their backgrounds, along with our MAGIC culture and values (Meaningful Impact, All-in, Grit and Grace, Innovation and Craft) shape the way we treat each other, serve our customers, and give back to our community.
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus RSUs
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.