Enterprise AI Engineer
Who We Are
DISCO is a legal tech software company. Our objective is to own the legal tech market and become the leader in legal as Salesforce has done in the sales technology space. Given the massive growth of data over the last 20 years, poorly built legal technology products have severely decreased lawyers ability to practice the law.
Our fundamental mission is to provide a unified technology platform for the practice of law. Great technology can solve problems of scale in data, in laws, and in business operations that have distracted lawyers from doing what they went to law school to do. DISCO is fixing the law by automating the parts of the practice that can be automated so that great lawyers can focus on tasks that really do require human legal judgment.
To date, we have substantially disrupted the legal tech market with a lawyer inspired consumer-grade interface and a cloud-enabled technology platform that offers unprecedented performance and cost savings. Thoughtful product planning and product design are core tenants in our “product first” business strategy and culture.
As an Enterprise AI Engineer at DISCO, you will design, develop, and deploy cloud-native software solutions that leverage AI and Machine Learning technologies to drive our business. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including engineering, operations, product, and business intelligence to deliver scalable and impactful AI-powered applications that fundamentally transform how we operate. Your expertise in software design, cloud-native development, microservice architecture, and system integration will be crucial in shaping the success of our AI initiatives.
What You Will Do
- Work with world-class engineers to solve challenging problems using cutting-edge technologies.
- Participate in an agile environment with small, self-managed teams and a mature development process.
- Design and build cloud-native and distributed applications using microservice architectures ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Architect highly scalable and performant data pipelines that leverage serverless and containerized compute that balance cost, latency, and duration.
- Deliver services that operate on streaming, large, and multi-tenant datasets in the cloud.
- Train, deploy, and monitor machine learning models to automate processes and interactions across the enterprise.
- Evaluate whether existing software tools on the market can solve a business problem, or whether custom code is needed (buy vs. build).
- Ensure software solutions adhere to security and data privacy standards, implementing necessary safeguards.
Who You Are
- 5+ years proven experience in developing cloud-native software solutions using microservice architectures.
- Strong competence in modern enterprise programming languages including Python and/or Java, with a focus on writing clean and maintainable code.
- Extensive experience designing and operating software in a cloud provider such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience working with AI and Machine Learning technologies, even if it's not a primary focus of the role.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing RESTful APIs for seamless integration with external systems.
- Able to employ modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools with an emphasis on a well-maintained testing pyramid.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and a proactive attitude towards challenges.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively within a cross-functional team.
Even Better If You Are...
- Experienced with modern MPP database technologies such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery.
- Experienced with persistence mechanisms and storage technologies including relational databases, NoSql stores, data caches, etc.
- Skilled taking technical or business context to guide the team by turning ambiguity into clarity.
DISCO's Technology Stack
Cloud Provider: AWS - ECS, EC2, Lambda, Aurora MySQL, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, S3, CloudFront, CloudFormation, SageMaker, KMS, CodePipeline, etc.
Event Bus: Kafka and Schema Registry
CI/CD: Terraform, Docker (via ECS), Jenkins, CodeDeploy, GitHub, Artifactory, Consul for App Config, Service Discovery, Shared Secrets
Visibility: ELK Stack for logging, Data Dog, New Relic, Sentry.io
Enterprise Reporting: Snowflake, QuickSight, Fivetran, DBT
Transport Mechanisms: Protobuf, Avro, HTTP Rest/JSON
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical and dental insurance
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.