Engineering Manager, Platform
The Engineering Manager leads, manages, and oversees the engineering team responsible for developing and maintaining the company's SaaS products, ensuring efficient delivery of high-quality software solutions. They manage a team of engineers, overseeing project requirements, task delegation, and ensuring excellence in project deliveries.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with at least 2-3 years in a leadership or management role.
- Proven experience in SaaS environments and familiarity with cloud-based technologies and architectures.
- Experience in leading, managing, and scaling engineering teams.
- Understanding of how to design and develop from a Security Perspective
- Experience using Feature or Release Toggles as a code branching strategy
- Experience selecting and extending 3rd party components (commercial or open-source) that provide operational leverage
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) with an emphasis on a well-maintained testing pyramid
- Experience with NoSql data stores, data caches, and other non-relational data storage technologies
- Experience with Federated GraphQL, providing a unified API access across different systems
- Experience with messaging and streaming platforms such as Kafka and understand the principles of event-driven architecture
- Familiarity with Protobuf and gRPC for defining service interfaces and efficiently serializing structured data.
- Strong technical background in software development, ideally with hands-on experience in building SaaS products. Skills in API and Data Model Design and Implementation including how to scale out, make highly available, and map to storage systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team of engineers. Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Proficiency in project management tools and methodologies, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of effectively liaising between technical teams and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of addressing technical, personnel, and project-related challenges.
DISCO's Technology Stack
- Cloud Provider - AWS: EC2, Lambda, Aurora, Redshift, DynamoDB, ECS, EKS, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, S3, CloudFront, CloudFormation, SageMaker, KMS, CodePipeline, etc.
- DSL-based Search: multiple large-scale Elasticsearch Clusters searched using our Disco Query Language (DQL)
- Event Bus: Kafka and Schema Registry
3rd Party Vendors: Redis, Auth0 for Cloud Identity Federation (SSO, SAML, etc)
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus RSUs
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.