Regional Sales Manager
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.
About the opportunity:
Homeward’s Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for driving sales and building relationships all over Charlotte or Raleigh, North Carolina. This role involves cultivating and delivering on partnerships with top producing brokerages and real estate agents. The ideal candidate is a focused, hungry, sales-driven real estate professional looking to make a massive impact in their local market with new and exciting solutions for agents and consumers. You thrive in a fast paced environment and are energized by change. You take initiative to learn and understand our products and processes, with a solutions-focused mentality. You are motivated by smashing sales standards set in front of you and thrive in an environment of accountability around accomplishing personal and company goals. You are passionate about our company mission, home ownership, and coaching agents on how to do more transactions with unique tools. You understand the real estate space and are comfortable conversing not only with agents and brokerage leadership, but with buyers and sellers alike. You enjoy teaching, speaking and sales. You will provide pipeline management, pitching, negotiation tactics, and closing skills to enhance and maintain partner relationships.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role you will:
- Manage partnerships with top performing brokerages, coach and train agents on our products and drive sales to help ensure fulfillment of expectations for our partnerships
- Take initiative to learn and understand our products and processes
- Internalize scripting through practice and role play
- Service high volume of inbound leads and be accountable to productivity metrics
- Work alongside internal executive team to facilitate contract negotiations and drive sales
- Work with brokerage leadership to drive sales within their offices
- Develop and test the Homeward services implementation process, and make iterations based on findings
- Cross-functional alignment of goals and execution
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape for the offering and inform future business opportunities and priorities
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of experience in residential real estate, strong preference to listing agent experience, minimum of 10+ units closed vol/year
- Intrinsic understanding of the real estate market and the mindset of high performing real estate agents, teams and brokers. Proven ability to build meaningful relationships and build trust through competency and consistent, effective communication
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Proven ability to develop opportunities from ideation to execution
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to conduct analysis, make strategic recommendations, and adapt quickly
- Demonstrates high accountability to performance results to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Active (or recently active) real estate license preferred
Pay and benefits
- Compensation range: $38,000 base + uncapped commission potential
- Remote-first environment (our Headquarters are in Austin, TX)
- Exciting stock option grant for every full-time employee
- 401(k) employer contribution match
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Twenty days of vacation, five sick days, twelve company holidays, and two floating holidays each year
- Generous paid parental leave of up to 14 weeks
See more about how Homeward takes care of our team by providing a generous package of benefits here.
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers craft their best offer – so they can buy before they sell, get more negotiating better terms with a cash offer, and close on time.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his life savings. His idea evolved into our Homeward Offer. It’s more than an offer; it’s the power to buy a new home on your terms. It’s the convenience that keeps you from moving twice. And it’s the savings that come from having everything you need in one place.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes real estate, mortgage, and technology experts.