Closing Coordinator Support
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.
About the opportunity
The Closing Coordinator Team sits at the center of all the action while being responsible for delivering a world class experience to every Homeward customer and agent that includes an on-time closing.
As part of the team, you’ll be responsible for assisting each transaction through to completion to ensure clarity for the critical team of Homeward’s front-facing team. The role will include collaboration with both internal and external service providers, such as title, mortgage and insurance providers, while managing transactions through each critical phase.
This position will challenge your ability to establish and implement complex operational processes while working cross-functionally with other critical teams including operations, sales, product, engineering, and customer experience among others.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
In this role you will:
- Reviewing and approving settlement statements
- Managing insurance and other critical service orders
- Tracking all critical dates, details, forms, and contracts in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Collaborating with the CX team to ensure we have all necessary deliverables from our buyers to close accurately and on time every time
- Making sure all pre-closing items have been ordered, received and approved (i.e. HOA docs, Surveys, Appraisals)
- Reviewing title commitments
- Following up with lenders and title on closing status
- Requesting and tracking wires to closing
- Receiving, approving & coordinating the signing of all closing documents
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years Real Estate transaction management experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities and processes as needed
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and project management skills
- An ability to remain focused and execute under pressure of deadlines and multitasking
- An intrinsic desire to serve customers and provide a delightful, seamless experience
- The drive to be apart of innovation and a growing collaborative team
- Bachelor's degree and/or real estate license preferred
The perfect candidate for this role may be a licensed agent that has realized they prefer the back end or support side of real estate more so than the selling, cold calling, door knocking, etc. Or perhaps the perfect candidate has worked on the support side for another real estate team or company, and is looking for a growth opportunity. This could include those currently or recently working as a Transaction Coordinator/Manager, a Closing Coordinator/Manager, an Executive Assistant, Account Manager or a Listing Manager/Coordinator.
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.