THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better home buying experience.
About the opportunity
Homeward is looking for a highly motivated individual with strong accounting skills to be part of the Accounting department as the Senior Accountant. This position will review and perform accounting tasks, including journal entries, reconciliations. Additionally this person will serve. Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, this role will be a hands-on, solution-oriented problem solver who can oversee these processes to keep up with the demands of Homeward’s high-growth business.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will
- Support monthly and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and accruals.
- Assist in documenting and improving accounting procedures.
- Assist with the year end financial statement audit
- Apply a broad knowledge of advanced accounting methods and procedures.
- Analyze and summarize account information and trends.
- Supervise and coach accounting staff.
- Ability to problem solve complex data.
- Manage a team of virtual assistants.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance
- You have 3-5 years experience, Big 4 experience desired
- Chartered Accountant preferred
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy in work; detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- You have demonstrated the ability to patiently and efficiently perform in a fast-paced environment and handle and manage multiple workloads, priorities and deadlines, while maintaining a great attitude during tight deadlines.
- You must have a solution-oriented approach to solving problems, preferring to place focus on the best way to solve problems rather than focusing only on the problems themselves
- You have strong problem solving skills, and do research to independently solve problems.
- You have strong technical skills in Excel (strong understanding of logic functions, lookups, pivot tables, etc.) Experience with Netsuite is highly preferred.
- Experience with multiple entities within an organization is highly preferred.
See more about how Homeward takes care of our team by providing a generous package of benefits here.
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’ve redesigned the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers and sellers in a variety of markets to buy with cash, sell with certainty, or just make it all much more convenient. We offer bundled services across offers, Mortgage, and Title, all in an effort to make homebuying more seamless.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer four services -- Buy with Cash, Buy Before You Sell, Sell Before You List, and Backed by Cash, in the 7 states we serve -- Texas, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, and Washington.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone, Adams Street, Javelin, LiveOak, and Breyer Capital. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.