Transaction Success Manager (Team Lead)
Homeward aims to take the “what ifs” out of homebuying by creating financial products that buyers and sellers use to get certainty and convenience in the real estate market. We’re a fast-paced, remote-first, real estate start-up that partners with agents to offer innovative products and services, helping clients buy with cash, sell with certainty, and time their move — no matter the market. We offer bundled services across offers, Mortgage, and Title, making buying a home more seamless.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer four services -- Buy with Cash, Buy Before You Sell, Sell Before You List, and Backed by Cash, in the 7 states we serve -- Texas, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, and Washington.
As a remote company, we anchor to our three core values as a collective way to care for each other, represent our work, and reinforce our mission to make homebuying more accessible for all. Those are: The Golden Rule, One Team One Dream, and Calm Focus. Hear from our employees about what our values mean to them
About the opportunity
As a Transaction Success Team Lead, you will lead a team of Transaction Success Managers through their execution of responsibilities including the due diligence and closing management of Homeward purchase transactions. You will be responsible in ensuring the team is conducting the fulfillment of the transaction through managing the due diligence, documentation management, contract writing and amending, and seamless closing experience across all of Homeward’s product offerings. As their team lead, you will recruit these team members, onboard and train them, provide overall support and subject matter expertise, and performance manage them to excellence. This role is responsible for ensuring dates, deadlines, external communications, documentation, systems, and processes across the team and providing visibility to internal and external stakeholders.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
In this role, you will:
- Refining team processes for more effective outcomes and customer/agent NPS scores, and CSAT scores.
- Conduct weekly 1-1’s with team members.
- Collaborate with other Team Leads including Sales Teams, Homebuying Ops, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title leaders to ensure seamless integration between your team and theirs.
- Audit transaction files, ensuring the accurate tracking of all critical dates, details, forms, and contracts in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Attend daily Pipeline meetings to ensure the team is on track and all files are meeting company SLAs.
- Conduct performance reviews, performance improvement plans, and team coaching as needed.
- Balance the our company risk while delivering great customer and agent experience through the fulfillment of the transaction.
- Run effective due diligence/pipeline meetings and provide training for the transaction success team.
- Be the main point of contact for supporting your teams with any questions or concerns they may have.
- Create reports and dashboards within Salesforce for team member and management use.
- Ensure the teams are trained in reviewing every request to confirm it has accurate data, is within Homeward’s terms, and matches our requirements.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years Real Estate transaction management experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and project management skills
- An ability to remain focused and execute under pressure of deadlines and multitasking
- An intrinsic desire to serve customers and provide a delightful, seamless experience
- The drive to be apart of innovation and a growing team
- Bachelor's degree and/or real estate license preferred
Pay and benefits
- Compensation range: $80,000
- Remote-first environment (our Headquarters are in Austin, TX)
- Company-wide bonus
- Exciting stock option grant for every full-time employee
- 401(k) employer contribution match
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Twenty days of vacation, five sick days, twelve company holidays, and two floating holidays each year
- Generous paid parental leave of up to 14 weeks
See more about how Homeward takes care of our team by providing a generous package of benefits here.
Value-Driven Employee Experience
THE GOLDEN RULE. It’s simple: Treat others the way we want to be treated. Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
CALM FOCUS. We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. But by focusing on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next, we can create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM. Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experiences holistically and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams and our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title.