Wires Desk Analyst
Homeward aims to take the “what ifs” out of homebuying by creating financial products that buyers and sellers use to get certainty and convenience in the real estate market. We’re a fast-paced, remote-first, real estate start-up that partners with agents to offer innovative products and services, helping clients buy with cash, sell with certainty, and time their move — no matter the market. We offer bundled services across offers, Mortgage, and Title, making buying a home more seamless.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer four services -- Buy with Cash, Buy Before You Sell, Sell Before You List, and Backed by Cash, in the 7 states we serve -- Texas, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, and Washington.
As a remote company, we anchor to our three core values as a collective way to care for each other, represent our work, and reinforce our mission to make homebuying more accessible for all. Those are: The Golden Rule, One Team One Dream, and Calm Focus. Hear from our employees about what our values mean to them
About the opportunity
Homeward is looking for an Accounting Wires Approver to support the Treasury Wires Team function. This role will require the use of skills in extreme attention to detail, organization, and timely and frequent communications with those requesting funds and wires. As the Wires Approver, you will review all wires, ACHs, checks, transfers initiated by 1-2 initiators and ensure 100% accuracy of every number within the wiring instructions or bank account and routing numbers for each bank transaction for the Homeward and each of its numerous subsidiaries. You will fulfill requests efficiently, ask questions regarding any information that is unclear, and monitor daily banking activity and balances. Reporting to the Wires Team Lead, this role will be a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative, and requires someone who enjoys staying busy while also remaining calm and friendly with others during the demands of Homeward’s high-growth business.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Efficiently detail-review all wires, ACHs, checks, transfers, as initiated by 1-2 initiators
- Ensure 100% accuracy of every number within the wiring instructions or bank account and routing numbers for each bank transaction for the Homeward and each of its numerous subsidiaries
- Enter accounting transactions into the accounting system daily.
- Fulfill requests efficiently, follow up and ask questions on any missing information or any details that are unclear or need confirming
- Monitor daily banking activity and balances, and flag any activity that seems incorrect or advise on balance transfers when balances are low.
- Proactively and consistently provide feedback and review comments to the associate(s) that initiate(s) the wires; especially upon identifying any errors or delays
- Run routine company credit card transactions, as necessary, or calling US vendors routinely to place a corporate credit card on file for use to fund Homeward operational activity.
- Consistently respond to questions via email or slack messenger actively and timely.
- Other accounting team projects as necessary, which will require the same skills outlined below.
- You must be able to communicate fluently and effectively in English.
- You must be able to consistently work between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm US central time.
- You have 2+ years experience with banking activity: recording or reviewing bank transactions.
- You have 2+ years experience with accounting transactions or working in an accounting system, and be able to understand basic accounting journal entries and statements (e.g. balance sheet and income statement).
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy in work; detail oriented.
- Excellent timeliness, responsiveness, and interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- You have demonstrated the ability to calmly manage multiple requests, and prioritize them well while maintaining a great attitude during tight deadlines.
- You must have a solution-oriented approach to solving problems, preferring to place focus on the best way to solve problems rather than focusing only on the problems themselves
- You have strong problem solving skills, and do research to independently solve problems.
- You have intermediate skills in Excel: ability to put together organized lists, sort and filter, display information concisely and with high readability. You have consistently demonstrated the ability to use excel effectively to assist in analyzing data.
- Experience with multiple entities is highly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance or equivalent is preferred
- Experience with Netsuite is preferred.
Value-Driven Employee Experience
THE GOLDEN RULE. It’s simple: Treat others the way we want to be treated. Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
CALM FOCUS. We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. But by focusing on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next, we can create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM. Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experiences holistically and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams and our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title.