PCB Layout Designer
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
Role SummaryAs PCB Layout Designer you will join the Radio Unit team and will be responsible for design of high-end OpenRAN 5G and 4G mMIMO radio PCB layouts. This position is open for US (Richardson, TX) or Canada (Ottawa). On-site is preferable.
- PCB layout design on various substrate materials
- Component placement and signal routings
- Collaborate with mechanical and electrical designers to define and align the physical and electrical requirements.
- Collaborate with the design project team and Mavenir sourcing to optimize the cost and supply chain parameters
- Conduct design reviews with relevant team members.
- Generation of PCB manufacturing packages for vendors (Gerber files, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings)
- Completion of the projects as per plan in time with quality
- Creation and maintenance of component libraries and modular design structures.
- Closure of DFM with PCB and PCBA suppliers.
- Technical contact to PCB and PCBA suppliers.
- Establishment and ongoing improvement of best practices (e.g. design rules, tools) to achieve quality metrics.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the engineers in layout design
- 10 years of continuous experience with Cadence Allegro PCB Designer, and now using the latest release version (preferred 17.4, but 17.2 is acceptable).
- 3 years of continuous experience with Cadence Front End tools (FET), preferred OrCAD Capture CIS, latest release version.
- Proficient in constructing physical footprints (Allegro) and maintaining libraries.
- Proficient in importing FET files (schematic) into Allegro (physical) and debugging problems during the process.
- Full understanding of the process of importing files from Mechanical packaging tools into Allegro.
- Experience using Allegro Constraint Manager for Electrical, Physical, and Spacing rules.
- Familiar with DFM (Design for manufacturing) and DFA (Design for Assembly) processes and IPC specs
- Well-versed with fabrication processes, PCB materials, and understanding of Allegro Output Manufacturing files such as ODB++.
- Familiar with the utilization of Allegro scripts to become more efficient and maximize usage of tools.
- Skillful with DDR4 Memory devices for layout considerations such as placement and routing.
- Experienced with Power supply layout techniques as well as thermal constraints.
- Knowledgeable with High-Speed routing.
- Have an analytical mindset and be able to multitask during the design process.
- Able to work with minimum supervision as well as taking ownership of tasks assigned to meet schedules.
- Familiar with Windows tools and Microsoft Office.
- 10-20 years experience as full-time PCB Layout designer.
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a US applicant in need of special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +1-469-916-4393. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.