Head of Customer Marketing & CRM
OJO is an Austin-based real estate technology company partnering with the top real estate agents and teams to deliver value to millions of consumers on its platform. The company’s platform for buying, selling, and homeownership meets people wherever they are on their journey, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. Through a bespoke combination of people and technology, OJO cultivates a deep understanding of individual needs and preferences, matching people with the right tools and trusted providers to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of home ownership.
Our residential search site Movoto provides personalized recommendations and highlights listings best suited to each consumers’ needs and preferences, so they never miss a home that might be the right fit. OJO Homeowner, our home management and finance tool, helps consumers uncover hidden savings, monitor equity, and plan for the future, whether managing their home as an asset or identifying the right time to sell. We also have a network of top-rated real estate agents and teams on our OJO Pro+, OJO Pro, and OJO Select Network platforms, to match each consumer with the expert who can best support their individual journey.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., OJO has placed 29th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and 49th on the Inc. 5000. To date, the company has raised more than $140 million to fuel its rapid growth. CEO and Founder, John Berkowitz, has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and a top CEO by the Austin Business Journal and the company’s executives have won more than a dozen industry awards in the past year. OJO is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has employees globally with a presence in Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Mateo; and a large operations center in St. Lucia.
We consistently incorporate social and environmental impact into decision-making at OJO because we consider it important to the success of our business and our overarching purpose to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of homeownership. From saving to buying, owning to selling, we guide people through all the twists and turns along the way. So they can unlock more than just the front door.
The Head of Customer Marketing will lead customer nurturing, retention and lifetime value efforts across our user base of home buyers and home sellers (and renters later). This leader will have a strong track record of developing and implementing omni-channel subscription marketing strategies to onboard, engage and expand customer relationships, grow customer lifetime value and increase repeat usage and preserve post-transaction engagement.
The successful candidate will develop an increasingly accurate understanding of the needs of customers and possess a combination of technical and creative savviness to create compelling experiences during and after the home purchase.
We are looking for a data-driven leader who can identify customer segment targets, establish KPIs with clear linkages to a P&L, and iterate rapidly to test hypotheses and deliver complex initiatives. This leader will be able to create personalized experiences and deliver them using real-time propensity models and marketing solutions that match our offerings to customer needs and maximize both response and value.
This role will be part of a multi-functional team including Customer Acquisition (e.g. working on programmatic audience lists and look-a-likes), Product Engagement (supporting the creation and growth of new product features) and will be a senior member of the growth leadership team.
What you'll do:
- Establish Customer Marketing objectives and ensure revenue goals are achieved in partnership with key stakeholders
- Champion customer KPIs across the company including engagement, revenue expansion, ARPU, and revenue retention; rigorously drive internal prioritization decisions to maximize each
- Establish and promote customer marketing best practices across customer campaigns and lead from the front in creating inspiring and personalized marketing materials that excite our customers, burnish our brand, and drive engagement, cross-sell, upsell and retention.
- Champion a data-led approach to innovation supported by well-structured hypotheses and continuous optimization leveraging learnings across the company
- Partner closely with Product, Data, Customer Care and other marketing leaders to integrate customer marketing programs into all customer touch points
- Drive longitudinal customer lifecycle planning, and work with Research to develop qualitative understanding of pain points and potential magic moments in the customer life cycle
What we need from you:
- 5+ years in omni-media Customer Marketing, including 2+ senior CRM manager, with understanding of all core pieces (automation, segmentation, messaging…)
- Proven success selecting and leveraging emerging marketing solutions to apply data effectively to marketing
- Effective communicator who is comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences and stakeholders at various levels.
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence and work effectively both independently and collaboratively within fast-paced, diverse cross-functional teams.
- Dynamic and adaptable project manager with a strong ability to establish processes and drive project execution with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals.
What we'l love to see:
- Experience in omni-media CRM (email, notifications, SMS) with proven success onboarding, engaging and expanding customer relationships strongly preferred
- Experience in real-time personalization campaign strategy, planning and execution based on customer propensity models
- Experience being part of or leading the setup and configuration of a scalable Customer Data Platform
What do we have to offer?
- Equitable Pay Practices
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 20+ Paid Company Holidays
- Options for 100% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Medical Health Premiums
- Robust Ancillary Benefit Offerings Including Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, and Pre Tax Savings Accounts
- Talkspace Access for Employees and Their Dependents
- Home Office Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Investment in Continued Learning
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Dog-friendly Workplace
Ready to join us? Here’s what to expect next:
Step 1: Complete the application below
Step 2: Recruiter Phone Screen
Step 3: Hiring Manager Video Interview
Step 4: Subject Matter Expert/Technical Video Interview
Step 5: Role-specific Project Assignment + Final Round Interview
Diversity and Inclusion at OJO:
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, and veteran status. We provide equal employment opportunities at all stages in the employment process, including hiring, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Further, all of our employees have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.