Senior Software Engineering Manager
OJO is an Austin-based real estate technology company partnering with the top real estate agents and teams to deliver value to millions of consumers on its platform. The company’s platform for buying, selling, and homeownership meets people wherever they are on their journey, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. Through a bespoke combination of people and technology, OJO cultivates a deep understanding of individual needs and preferences, matching people with the right tools and trusted providers to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of home ownership.
Our residential search site Movoto provides personalized recommendations and highlights listings best suited to each consumers’ needs and preferences, so they never miss a home that might be the right fit. OJO Homeowner, our home management and finance tool, helps consumers uncover hidden savings, monitor equity, and plan for the future, whether managing their home as an asset or identifying the right time to sell. We also have a network of top-rated real estate agents and teams on our OJO Pro+, OJO Pro, and OJO Select Network platforms, to match each consumer with the expert who can best support their individual journey.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., OJO has placed 29th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and 49th on the Inc. 5000. To date, the company has raised more than $140 million to fuel its rapid growth. CEO and Founder, John Berkowitz, has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and a top CEO by the Austin Business Journal and the company’s executives have won more than a dozen industry awards in the past year. OJO is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has employees globally with a presence in Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Mateo; and a large operations center in St. Lucia.
We consistently incorporate social and environmental impact into decision-making at OJO because we consider it important to the success of our business and our overarching purpose to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of homeownership. From saving to buying, owning to selling, we guide people through all the twists and turns along the way. So they can unlock more than just the front door.
We’re looking for a mindful, empathetic, and self-aware Senior Engineering Manager who will lead engineers building software in a collaborative development process. This particular team is responsible for the internal software that powers OJO, integrating with partners that work with OJO around the services they need, and managing the Real Estate Agent team subscriptions; a rapidly growing area of development for our newly launched Pro+ platform.
- Plan, support and cultivate the career growth for the members of your team which will include 8-10 direct reports
- Inspire and grow engineers through mentorship, empowerment, and by challenging them to do their best work.
- Facilitate technical design discussions, remove blockers and align key stakeholders collaborating closely with OJO’s Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams
- Partner with product management and design to help set priorities and plan the roadmap for your team.
- Drive programs in engineering reliability, productivity, process, and quality
- Recruit and retain best-in-class engineering talent to build a diverse high performing team
- Inspire an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor while delivering high quality feedback
- Demonstrate an inclusive approach to your craft: bring everyone along with you, learn from their input, accept challenges, iterate, deliver together
- Become a domain expert and help the team understand product requirements, and prioritization
- You lead with empathy and have a passion for mentoring and coaching engineers
- 5 (+) years of leading and managing high-performance engineering teams
- 5 (+) years of experience in Software Development
- Experience in Java or other Object Oriented languages
- Computer Science or other technical degree (or equivalent job experience)
- Experience running teams in an Agile or Scrum environment
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary
- You have a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders and build consensus with engineers at all levels
At OJO Engineering, we highly value a thirst for learning, the ability to collaborate, and passion for our customers and agents. We are excited to tackle hard technical problems. We take our responsibility seriously as we use technology to help our customers make important, sometimes life-changing, buying decisions. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment alongside some of the best engineers in Austin, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
What do we have to offer?
- Equitable Pay Practices
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 20+ Paid Company Holidays
- Options for 100% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Medical Health Premiums
- Robust Ancillary Benefit Offerings Including Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, and Pre Tax Savings Accounts
- Talkspace Access for Employees and Their Dependents
- Home Office Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Investment in Continued Learning
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Dog-friendly Workplace
Ready to join us? Here’s what to expect next:
Step 1: Complete the application below
Step 2: Recruiter Phone Screen
Step 3: Hiring Manager Video Interview
Step 4: Subject Matter Expert/Technical Video Interview
Step 5: Role-specific Project Assignment + Final Round Interview
Diversity and Inclusion at OJO:
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, and veteran status. We provide equal employment opportunities at all stages in the employment process, including hiring, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Further, all of our employees have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.