Tech Lead, Infrastructure Engineer
OJO is an Austin-based real estate technology company partnering with the top real estate agents and teams to deliver value to millions of consumers on its platform. The company’s platform for buying, selling, and homeownership meets people wherever they are on their journey, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. Through a bespoke combination of people and technology, OJO cultivates a deep understanding of individual needs and preferences, matching people with the right tools and trusted providers to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of home ownership.
Our residential search site Movoto provides personalized recommendations and highlights listings best suited to each consumers’ needs and preferences, so they never miss a home that might be the right fit. OJO Homeowner, our home management and finance tool, helps consumers uncover hidden savings, monitor equity, and plan for the future, whether managing their home as an asset or identifying the right time to sell. We also have a network of top-rated real estate agents and teams on our OJO Pro+, OJO Pro, and OJO Select Network platforms, to match each consumer with the expert who can best support their individual journey.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., OJO has placed 29th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and 49th on the Inc. 5000. To date, the company has raised more than $140 million to fuel its rapid growth. CEO and Founder, John Berkowitz, has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and a top CEO by the Austin Business Journal and the company’s executives have won more than a dozen industry awards in the past year. OJO is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has employees globally with a presence in Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Mateo; and a large operations center in St. Lucia.
We consistently incorporate social and environmental impact into decision-making at OJO because we consider it important to the success of our business and our overarching purpose to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of homeownership. From saving to buying, owning to selling, we guide people through all the twists and turns along the way. So they can unlock more than just the front door.
As a Tech Lead of Infrastructure Engineering you will play an integral role by providing tools and services that progress the software and systems behind all of OJO's services. Engineering teams depend on Infrastructure systems every step of the way, from ideation and development through production release. Fast, reliable, and trusted systems increase Developer joy and productivity and this team focuses on development velocity, availability, latency, performance, and capacity which helps developers quickly, safely, and securely turn ideas into products.
- Be an equal partner to all teams in Engineering, providing infrastructure and continuous deployment tooling to maximize development speed and ease
- Participate in building a strong culture that values learning and collaboration
- Provide highly available infrastructure and drive best practices for systems design, container orchestration, internal tooling, and automation
- Participate in and contribute to the improvement of on-call and incident management
- Provide infrastructure and application lifecycle management through CI/CD and site reliability engineering practices
- Enable engineering teams to scale and operate services reliably and cost-effectively
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and container design patterns.
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS best practices, cross-account integration in AWS, cloud networking and security, identity access management, and autoscaling.
- Experience with end-to-end continuous delivery of infrastructure using code.
- Ability to work closely with development teams to brainstorm, design, and implement GitOps workflows that deploy infrastructure and software using modern IaC tools like Cloudformation, Terraform, Flux, Kustomize, and Helm.
- Excellent troubleshooting, investigation, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to design software and operational workflows for safe online upgrades and zero-downtime maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex production issues and develop and maintain clear site reliability documentation and a drive for identifying essential signals in a system to support operational excellence.
- Strong experience in application development lifecycles.
- Experience writing code as a production software engineer and an understanding of the value and implementation of software development processes like unit testing, performance testing, canary deployments, and code branching and releasing.
What do we have to offer?
- Equitable Pay Practices
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 20+ Paid Company Holidays
- Options for 100% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Medical Health Premiums
- Robust Ancillary Benefit Offerings Including Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, and Pre Tax Savings Accounts
- Talkspace Access for Employees and Their Dependents
- Home Office Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Investment in Continued Learning
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Dog-friendly Workplace
Ready to join us? Here’s what to expect next:
Step 1: Complete the application below
Step 2: Recruiter Phone Screen
Step 3: Hiring Manager Video Interview
Step 4: Subject Matter Expert/Technical Video Interview
Step 5: Final Round Interview + Role-specific Project Assignment (for many roles)
Diversity and Inclusion at OJO:
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, and veteran status. We provide equal employment opportunities at all stages in the employment process, including hiring, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Further, all of our employees have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.