Principal Product Designer
OJO is an Austin-based real estate technology company partnering with the top real estate agents and teams to deliver value to millions of consumers on its platform. The company’s platform for buying, selling, and homeownership meets people wherever they are on their journey, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. Through a bespoke combination of people and technology, OJO cultivates a deep understanding of individual needs and preferences, matching people with the right tools and trusted providers to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of home ownership.
Our residential search site Movoto provides personalized recommendations and highlights listings best suited to each consumers’ needs and preferences, so they never miss a home that might be the right fit. OJO Homeowner, our home management and finance tool, helps consumers uncover hidden savings, monitor equity, and plan for the future, whether managing their home as an asset or identifying the right time to sell. We also have a network of top-rated real estate agents and teams on our OJO Pro+, OJO Pro, and OJO Select Network platforms, to match each consumer with the expert who can best support their individual journey.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., OJO has placed 29th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and 49th on the Inc. 5000. To date, the company has raised more than $140 million to fuel its rapid growth. CEO and Founder, John Berkowitz, has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and a top CEO by the Austin Business Journal and the company’s executives have won more than a dozen industry awards in the past year. OJO is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has employees globally with a presence in Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Mateo; and a large operations center in St. Lucia.
We consistently incorporate social and environmental impact into decision-making at OJO because we consider it important to the success of our business and our overarching purpose to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of homeownership. From saving to buying, owning to selling, we guide people through all the twists and turns along the way. So they can unlock more than just the front door.
About the Movoto.com Experience Team
The Movoto Experience Team is composed of Product Design, Product Management, Engineering and Product Marketing roles. It is responsible for delivering, and constantly advancing the most significant component of OJO’s real estate guided marketplace for millions of homebuyers and sellers across the nation. The Movoto.com Team delivers the tools to:
- Allow home buyers, sellers, and owners to search, save, and manage their home
- Match and introduce home buyers and sellers to the right local agent
- Innovate with industry-differentiating technologies to wow our users
- Build a seamless home buying experience
Using rapid iteration, you will work closely within a collaborative cross-functional team environment, to create, ship, and iteratively improve the digital tools that grow the scale, effectiveness, and success of our home buyers and sellers.
What you’ll do
- Fight for the users–be a staunch advocate for our users and evangelize user experience throughout the organization
- Partner with Product peers to develop and own the UX vision and strategy for movoto.com products to meet the goals of homebuyers and sellers
- Collaborate across the organization to align product UX strategy with other areas such as marketing, operations, and functional partners
- Works closely with Design Director in broader product arenas to define how their specific product supports the overall product strategy
- Conduct UX generative research and usability tests with homebuyers and sellers and share findings with stakeholders
- Design experiences and flows that are simple, intuitive and elegant
- Provide coaching and mentorship to other product designers across the organization
What we need from you
- 8+ years of experience designing world-class web apps with a strong portfolio showcasing your research process and design work
- Proficiency with design software such as Figma, research tools, and prototyping tools
- Curiosity about the way people think and human behavior
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting designs to cross-functional teams and evangelizing UX to the organization
- Familiarity with iOS/Android design standards and passion for interaction design
- Experience partnering with Product and Engineering to achieve impactful outcomes in an agile product development environment
- Collaborates with Design Director and Product Management to drive assignment, conception, and delivery of all team-level design initiatives for themselves and their teammates
- Comfortable leveraging data to guide design decisions that exceed product and user outcomes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s preferred in graphic design, HCI, UX, a related area of study, or equivalent work experience
Nice to haves
- Residential real estate, real estate technology or finTech experience
- Demonstrated success building and leading a team(s) in a rapidly-growing and iterative start-up culture
- A passion for analytics, key metric definition and their tracking - to drive design decisions
Location: We have a slight preference to have this role based in Austin, Texas but are open to candidates elsewhere. We are able to hire in the following states: California, Illinois, Minnesota, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Washington, North Carolina, New York, Texas
What do we have to offer?
- Equitable Pay Practices
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 20+ Paid Company Holidays
- Options for 100% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Medical Health Premiums
- Robust Ancillary Benefit Offerings Including Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, and Pre Tax Savings Accounts
- Talkspace Access for Employees and Their Dependents
- Home Office Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Investment in Continued Learning
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Dog-friendly Workplace
Ready to join us? Here’s what to expect next:
Step 1: Complete the application below
Step 2: Recruiter Phone Screen
Step 3: Hiring Manager Video Interview
Step 4: Subject Matter Expert/Technical Video Interview
Step 5: Final Round Interview + Role-specific Project Assignment (for many roles)
Diversity and Inclusion at OJO:
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, and veteran status. We provide equal employment opportunities at all stages in the employment process, including hiring, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Further, all of our employees have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.