OJO is committed to fostering an environment where all employees and candidates can thrive, grow, and lead. We strongly encourage members of marginalized communities, including people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities, to apply with OJO. If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we don’t want anything to get in the way of meeting you. If you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in any portion of our interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OJO is an Austin-based real estate technology company partnering with the top real estate agents and teams to deliver value to millions of consumers on its platform. The company’s platform for buying, selling, and homeownership meets people wherever they are on their journey, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. Through a bespoke combination of people and technology, OJO cultivates a deep understanding of individual needs and preferences, matching people with the right tools and trusted providers to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of home ownership.
Our residential search site Movoto provides personalized recommendations and highlights listings best suited to each consumers’ needs and preferences, so they never miss a home that might be the right fit. OJO Homeowner, our home management and finance tool, helps consumers uncover hidden savings, monitor equity, and plan for the future, whether managing their home as an asset or identifying the right time to sell. We also have a network of top-rated real estate agents and teams on our OJO Pro+, OJO Pro, and OJO Select Network platforms, to match each consumer with the expert who can best support their individual journey.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., OJO has placed 29th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and 49th on the Inc. 5000. To date, the company has raised more than $140 million to fuel its rapid growth. CEO and Founder, John Berkowitz, has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and a top CEO by the Austin Business Journal and the company’s executives have won more than a dozen industry awards in the past year. OJO is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has employees globally with a presence in Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Mateo; and a large operations center in St. Lucia.
We consistently incorporate social and environmental impact into decision-making at OJO because we consider it important to the success of our business and our overarching purpose to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of homeownership. From saving to buying, owning to selling, we guide people through all the twists and turns along the way. So they can unlock more than just the front door.
About the Role & Team
The Staff Accountant will play an important role in helping shape the team as the company grows. This role presents an incredible learning opportunity and will include exposure to a variety of accounting processes and business process optimization within a fast-paced, growing environment.
What you'll do:
- Perform customer invoicing and collection activities
- Perform cash application and bank reconciliations
- Assist with accounts payable duties
- Assist with revenue and expense accounting activities
- Perform a variety of month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of financial reporting packages
- Assist with research and preparation of commentary for month-end variance analysis
- Assist with audits and other special projects
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
What we're looking for:
- Alignment with OJO’s core values: Collaborative Excellence, Unwavering Compassion, Own the Outcome, There is Always a Way
- 2 years of relevant experience in accounting
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles and financial reporting
- Proficient in Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups, Excel shortcuts and ability to quickly learn new systems (NetSuite experience a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; excellent communicator both verbally and through written documentation
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data to find meaningful business insights
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college or university
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Experience working at a public accounting firm or technology company is preferred
Location: We are specifically looking to hire this position in the Austin, Texas area where we are headquartered but the role still offers hybrid work environment flexibility.
What do we have to offer?
- Equitable Pay Practices
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 20+ Paid Company Holidays
- Options for 100% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Medical Health Premiums
- Robust Ancillary Benefit Offerings Including Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, and Pre Tax Savings Accounts
- Talkspace Access for Employees and Their Dependents
- Home Office Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Investment in Continued Learning
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Dog-friendly Workplace
Ready to join us? Here’s what to expect next:
Step 1: Complete the application below
Step 2: Recruiter Phone Screen
Step 3: Hiring Manager Video Interview
Step 4: Subject Matter Expert/Technical Video Interview
Step 5: Final Round Interview + Role-specific Project Assignment (for many roles)
Diversity and Inclusion at OJO:
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, and veteran status. We provide equal employment opportunities at all stages in the employment process, including hiring, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Further, all of our employees have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are typically done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OJO. Please reach out to email@example.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to participate in any portion of the application or interview process.