Product Support Engineer
Software Engineering, Product, Customer Service
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Osano is hiring an enthusiastic Product Support Engineer who is looking to make a difference at an early-stage startup that is shaping the fast-growing privacy industry. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our customers. You’ll report directly to our VP of Customer Experience and handle tickets, chats, and escalations, ensuring top-notch customer assistance. In this role, you'll collaborate with cross-functional teams, manage the ticket queue, and contribute to product improvement processes. If you're passionate about customers and privacy tech join us in shaping the future of the privacy industry.
Sound like you? Keep reading!
At Osano, we value candidates from all walks of life and are focused on building a diverse team. If you don't exactly meet all the listed requirements, don't let that keep you from applying. We're looking for people who are eager to learn and grow with us. If you're interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, say hi!
Based on your skills and experience, you can expect your annual base compensation to be between $95,000 and $105,000. We want everyone at Osano to have a stake in our success so you'll also receive stock options upon joining the company.
- Provide technical support and guidance on the Osano suite of products to customers and support team members, resolving complex issues as needed.
- Provide a positive customer experience by routing tickets to the correct parties in Account Management and billing where necessary.
- Manage and maintain the ticket queue, ensuring timely resolution based on attributes like SLA and issue priority.
- Collaborate and communicate with product and engineering teams on bug reporting and prioritization.
- Contribute positively to the Support team’s Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) Score.
- Stay updated on the latest product updates, technical advancements, and industry trends to address customer inquiries effectively.
- Offer training and mentoring to support team members.
- Champion the voice of the customer within the organization.
- You have 2-4 years of experience working in technical support and/or alongside engineers, preferably with SaaS technology in a startup environment.
- You have a strong technical background with the ability to understand complex issues.
- You have demonstrated the ability to troubleshoot API and mobile SDK issues.
- You have basic knowledge of Front-end Code, specifically for troubleshooting purposes.
- You have basic knowledge of RESTful APIs, and are able to troubleshoot API interactions.
- You have exposure to ticket management systems like Zendesk, HubSpot Service Cloud, and JIRA.
- You’ve had some exposure to CRM systems like HubSpot or Salesforce to connect with customers.
- You have a natural intuition for what makes for an accessible, functional, and delightful customer experience.
- Lastly, you thrive in a remote environment. For us, that means being curious, proactively communicating, and bringing ingenuity and initiative every day.
- We’re a welcoming team that's dependable, curious, moves fast, and full of talented people!
- A well-defined career path that’s not just “climbing the ladder” - learn different competencies, skills, and concepts as you progress and get recognized for it.
- Supportive leadership and peers - from sales engineering and product marketing to sales development and demand generation - you’re never in this alone.
- You’ll be stepping into a space that’s on fire – worth $2.36 billion in 2022, with an expected CAGR of 40.8% between 2022 and 2029.
- You’ll become a privacy expert, including the opportunity to receive your Certified Information Privacy credential.
- You’ll be representing a product that makes prospects say, “This is so awesome” when you demo it.
- We’re a Great Place to Work for the second year in a row, with 98% of employees saying it’s a great place to work.
- Fair-pay compensation (provided below) + ownership interest for early stake in our success!
- Unlimited paid time off with a requirement to take at least two weeks off per year.
- We're continuously a Best Place for Working Parents and offer paid parental leave for all new parents + believe that family, however you define it, comes first.
- Osano sponsors individual premiums at 100% and dependent premiums at 50% for Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance via Aetna.
- A fully, permanently remote company so you can work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Receive a Macbook + $1,000 to craft your home workspace
- Annual company trip designed to foster connection, creativity, and having fun together!
- Mental health benefits with free memberships to mindfulness + talk therapy services
A bit more about Osano
At Osano, an Austin-based, venture-backed startup, we believe data privacy is a fundamental human right, and the companies that embrace privacy will become the next wave of trusted brands. Osano is a B-corp and a Public Benefit Corp, which means that—although we are a for-profit company—we are mission-oriented and wake up every day with the goal of doing well by doing good.
Osano is a leading data privacy platform that simplifies privacy compliance by helping organizations build, manage, and scale their privacy program to increase trust, stay compliant, and do the right thing. Founded in Austin, Texas, we solve for consent management, data subject rights, assessments, and vendor risk — all in one place!
Osano is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, neurodiversity, parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We participate in E-Verify and we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS or SSA before taking adverse action against you. We value what makes us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
We are happy to provide accommodations to make the interviewing process inclusive and comfortable. You’ll have an opportunity to request accommodation before your first interview.