Human Resources Generalist
People & HR
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Join Our Team at RealWork Labs!
Hello there! We're RealWork Labs, a dedicated crew of innovators based in Austin, Texas. We're in the business of helping home service providers build online trust with homeowners, and we're pretty good at it, if we do say so ourselves.
We've built a hyper-local content platform that allows service providers to easily share their work through videos, reviews, and photos tied to their job site location. It's all about quality and trust with us, and we're proud to say our platform has proven its worth by helping our clients establish a strong online presence and build trust with their customers.
RealWork Labs is based 100% in the US and headquartered in Austin, TX.
We are looking for a mid to early career HR Generalist to join our team and lead people operations at RealWork Labs. As a team of one, the HR Generalist will be responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities of our HR function and partnering with the Executive team as an advisor on human resources and employee-related matters.
Location: In Office Required - Austin, Texas
- Manage employee information in Gusto, our HRIS, and other systems including relevant employment-related documentation.
- Assist in recruitment of Sales and Customer Success personnel including screening resumes and coordinating on-site interviews and follow-ups.
- Manage new hire onboarding including working with operations and IT to set up user accounts, managing day 1 paperwork, and coordinating new hire orientation (I-9, benefits enrollment, employment-related agreements, etc.).
- Provide guidance on and assist department managers and executives on performance management policy setting and enforcement.
- Coordinate company-wide bi-annual review processes.
- Administer employee surveys through our employee engagement platform, Small Improvements, and provide results and recommendations to Executive Team.
- Take lead on several office management-related items including managing external snack vendor, checking and distributing the mail, and greeting guests and interview candidates when necessary.
- Serve as a resource for employees to help them navigate general HR-related matters.
- 3-5 years working in Human Resources with demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Gusto or a similar HRIS.
- Familiarity with recruiting processes and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Track record or working as a trusted advisor to both managers and individual contributors.
Why Join RealWork Labs?
- Startup environment within a stable, industry-leading company
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Excellent Health, Dental, Vision and Parental Benefits
- Regular team outings & events
- Flexible PTO
RealWork Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law or ordinance.