RF Software Developer
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
Role SummaryDevelopment Engineer: Most companies will be able to match to a specific development engineering position. Use this position if company does not identify their development engineering positions by functional designations. Plans, designs and develops hardware, software, semiconductor or telecommunications systems. If 75 percent of the time is spent performing a specific engineering function, use that as a job match. Specific functions can include: Hardware Development Engineer (5021-5026), Software Development Engineer (5101-5106), Electronic Design Engineer (5061-5066), Software Engineer (Applications) (5141-5146), Software Engineer (Systems) (5161-5166). For a complete list of development engineering jobs see the GTS Functional Job Matrix.
- To support our product development, you will design, develop, and troubleshoot Radio Software.
- To secure the flow you will be working close with both SW and HW development teams and sometimes drive the work to solve issues.
- You will be a member of an agile development team and work closely with other team members to develop towards a common goal.
- You will actively participate in retrospectives and other activities to evaluate and improve team flow.
- You will also be a part of defining the foundations of the new Software Design unit’s responsibilities and ways of working to secure its success.
- You have a minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or Wireless Communication or equivalent and
understanding the essentials in embedded system design.
- Good understanding of Radio systems architecture. Experience with software development in HW oriented SW design is a plus.
Basic understanding of SW aspects of controlling HW (digital and analog), especially start/setting/stop sequences and timing aspects.
Experience of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, automation testing and related tools.
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscope, multimeter, function generator, spectrum analyzer, etc. and its automation via SCPI commands.
- Good understanding of digital design and digital signal processing (DSP)
Required Competence and Skills:
- Proficient of embeded OS based software development/debugging
- Proficient of C/C++ program skill
- Familiar of linux, and application/Kernel module development
- Familiar of UML/Software system design, Architecture principles
- Familiar of netConf/SOAP/SNMP related RU control protocol
- Familiar of ecpri/CPRI protocol
- Familiar of VSA/SG manual and GPIB/SCPI control
- Familiar of python program
- Familiar of of Agile development and work with related tools (JIRA,Git,Jenkins,Bitbucket,JFrog)
- Prefer to have RRU HW and Basic RF knowledge (EVM, BLER, ACLR, CCDF etc)
- Prefer of DFE/RFIC/PA SW control experience (RF control,CLIPPING/DAPD/Gain control/AGC etc)
- Design verification and functional verification on system level
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
As a person you are:
• Open minded, knowledge sharing, a true team player
• Eager to work cross site and cross functionally
• Able and interested in taking responsibility and ownership
• Genuinely interested in adapting and improving ways of working
• Creative and have an aptitude to think “out of the box”
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require any assistance, please state in your application or contact your recruiter.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.