Senior Presales Engineer
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
Role SummaryWe are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our Sales Engineering team. The Sales Engineering team is responsible for handling the entire Mavenir product portfolio, which includes, but not limited to, products and solutions in RAN, Core, Messaging, Security, Unified Communications and Digital Enablement. While the candidate is expected to be flexible and willing to learn to deal with our entire product portfolio, this role will be focused on the development and proposition of our Packet Core Solutions. Previous experience in customer Packet Core design/strategy departments will be considered beneficial to the application.
The successful candidate will have either a successful track record in technical pre-sales in the wireless telecommunications industry – a direct pre-sales and in-depth technology related experience in the Packet Core; or a successful track record in technical design/strategy development within a wireless telecommunications operator either in standards bodies or the design community. Previous experience across the range of Packet Core technologies from 2G to 5G is a distinct advantage.
The candidate will be based in Australia and work closely within a small team, reporting to the presales director.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of Mavenir’s Packet Core vision and strategy.
- Assist the sales team in all phases of the selling process – including sales pitch, solution design, documentation, dimensioning, commercials, tender response, tender defence, post sales technical escalations.
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Work with Account managers to identify/qualify customer & prospect opportunities & define requirements
- Work with Product Managers to reflect customer requirements in feature set & road map
- Lead, manage & provide direct technical input to customer RFXs.
- Understand pricing mechanisms and support the sales team in building commercial proposals.
- Maintain contact and open communication with customers to assist with future needs.
- Active in tender submissions
- Preparation of technical sales materials including collateral, quotation, timeline and solution proposals.
- Lead POC activities with customers
- Create content to support the technical strength of the Mavenir solutions
- Excellent understanding of all generation of packet core technologies from 2G to 5G and wireless technologies including vendors/products/key attributes
- Good understanding of the 3GPP standards.
- Solid understanding of operator core and IT networks including IT/OSS integration requirements for commercial rollout
- Solid understanding of NFVi in carrier grade environments (either VM or Container based), Hyperscale's (AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Highly proficient listener & consultative sales style with the ability to shape customer thinking
- Excellent communications skills in verbal, written and presentation forms at senior levels
- Acute attention to detail & organization
- Energetic and creative with an upbeat, positive attitude
- A team player who works well with others, who has strong influencing skills, and is creative and entrepreneurial
- Significant, proven and demonstrable cellular wireless industry experience
- Creative do-whatever-it-takes attitude, adapting to an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to travel to customer meetings and work non-standard hours when required (e.g.: dealing with customers or other parts of the organization in a different time zone)
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require any assistance, please state in your application or contact your recruiter.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.