Senior Mechanical / Thermal Engineer
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
Role SummaryFocus the development of state-of-the-art 4/5G RRH and mMIMO radios. As a lead mechanical/thermal engineer you will be responsible for all elements of the radio’s mechanical and thermal design. You will oversee product development from concept through to volume manufacturing.
- Participation in the design and development of the state-of-the-art 4G/5G radio products
- Design the radio enclosures, develop and simulate the cooling systems.
- Execute strain and tolerance analysis of product strack ups.
- Lead and contribute to industrial design and building practices.
- Participate in product studies, especially in the early phases.
- Identify technology gaps required to build future radio products smaller and more efficient, new cooling techniques.
- Lead DFx of mechanical design to maximize manufacturability at the lowest price point.
- Prepare detailed technical documents on various engineering subjects relevant to the projects
- Work closely with other teams in the global Mavenir R&D community.
- Deep knowledge and experience in radio mechanical development
- Excellent collaboration
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, and a great teammate
- Expert level understanding of thermal simulation including Ansys Icepack and Flotherm
- Expert level knowledge of DFA for machined and die caste housings
- Expert knowledge of tolerance anylsis
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to network
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Desired 5+ years’ experience in telecommunication industry
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a US applicant in need of special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +1-469-916-4393. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.