Senior Power Supply Design Engineer
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
Role SummaryAs Senior Power Supply Design Engineer you will join the Radio Unit team and will be responsible for high-end OpenRAN 5G and 4G mMIMO radio HW discrete power supply architecture, design and development. This position will be based in Beijing, China.
- Define architecture and specification for DC/DC and AC/DC power supply design for various voltage rails
- Optimize cost
- Direct schematic and layout for relevant area
- Component selections
- Complete design of the power supply from scratch and verification and finally to productization.
- Hold design reviews and generate test reports
- Support certification testing and troubleshooting
- Contribute towards mechanical architecture of the Radio unit for thermal and space planning for the power supply circuits.
- Provide production build support for the manufacturing partners for proto types and volume ramp-up
- Provide guidance and leadership
- Power supply design for LTE/5G BTS radio (or 3GPP Radio Unit)
- Proven track record Base station radio power supply design that supports transceivers and power amplifiers
- In depth knowledge of different architectures of power supply
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- In depth knowledge on design rules and guidelines for power supply layout
- Experience with various PWB materials and large multi-layer layouts
- Design to Cost consciousness
- Familiarity with electronics, PWB and mechanical components supplier base and supply chain
- Deep knowledge on cost efficient manufacturing methodologies and technologies
- Hands-on experience with design tools
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills
- Curiosity to continuously learn and innovate
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require any assistance, please state in your application or contact your recruiter.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.